Tuesday 29 July 2014

Styled shoots

I have been very lucky to be involved in some fabulous styled shoots recently, it's hard to have to wait to show you all the cakes I made until the shoots go live, but I can now show you these few.





First up is something a bit different for me...well to be honest when I am asked to participate in a styled shoot I always try to use it as an opportunity to create something I might never normally have the chance to. I had pinned this picture some time ago, and I kept returning to it. I really wanted to create an abstract cake with lots of colour and texture. I showed the Pin to Erica from Mr and Mrs Unique, she thought a cake in that style would be perfect for her shoot at Tunnels beach in Devon...and she was right. You can see the whole shoot here.


I made this cake for a wedding fair, it was inspired by the James Taylor song 'Shower The People You Love with Love', one of my favourite songs of all time. When Erica from Mr and Mrs Unique saw it she knew that it would be perfect for a Summery shoot she had in mind. I made some cookie favours to go with the cake. You can see the rest of the gorgeous shoot here.

Co-ordination & Styling: Erica @ Mr & Mrs Unique
Models: Becky & Edd
Table & Marquee Styling: White Button Weddings
Flowers: Basement Florist
Cake and Biscuits: Nevie-Pie Cakes
Stationery: Style & Joy
Hair & make up: Dollie Mixtures





This final cake is one I made for Sweet Magazine. I was asked by Fay Cahill (she was the guest editor) to create a cake in blush with ranunculous. I had had the idea to do a cake based on peeling wallpaper for a while and I knew that this was the perfect opportunity. If you are in Australia or New Zealand you can buy a copy of the magazine from your local newsagents or if you live further afield you can download a copy here.
Photography - Sharon Cooper

I shall be back soon with more cakey goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment